Wednesday, May 9, 2007

HK!



Man, for some reason I can't get enough of Chinese signs. Nor can I get enough of falling apart buildings. It makes me feel like I'm walking around in a Geof Darrow drawing. I guess in China I'll get mugged every 5 minutes while I crane my neck up like a tourist at all the buildings.

Yesterday we had our first unsupervised, risk-taking food eating experience. We were originally going to keep a running tally of # of poos we take VS how many of those poos give us Rhea Pearlman (eg- SIMON 4:0/WOODY 3:0/CYNTHIA 0:10), but we figured that would be distasteful (esp considering the fact that loved ones/family are probably reading this). So suffice it to say that we emerged from the restaurant as Team Vachina 1, HK 0. Here's our Goodfellas tribute to how crowded this restaurant was (our only clue that it might be a good one):



Afterwards we went to Repulse Bay (more like Repulsively Boring!), where we went into the beach and tried to film a dozen promos, VJ hits, Chinese New Year IDs, a tune-in, broadband segment, and 3 shows. Here's a 360 shot, note the building with a hole in it that allows it to stand strong against gale-force winds:



By now everyone was dying of over-tourism and exhaustion so we all went back to the hotel to relax for 20 minutes (read: blog compulsively/obsess over comments left by readers) and then my friend Sylvia showed up and took us out to eat delicious HK crab. It was out of this WOOOORRLLLD! Sylvia is already featured below, looking like an American Apparel ad for Simon's HK shirt giveaway contest. She also helped Cynthia (for like 2 hours while Simon and I withered away in hunger) to buy an exclusive, trendy, Japan-only (via HK) new celphone. Celphones are serious business in Asia:



They even have a throwback one designed to look like old gigantic portable phones from the 80s (awesome) and one designed to look like a toy porsche (only slightly less awesome). I'm sure Cynth will be gushing/raving about her phone soon, so let me only say that she bought the one that is available in different Pantone colors, so that you can buy like 5 and have a different colored one every day to match your outfit.

3 comments:

Archie Von Bevinsville said...

arrrrrrgh! woodmanstein!
how are you blogging like so?
i am amazed.

answer my e-mail STAT btw, it is important.
shit is ON!

Toastmaster said...

cool donut building.

bittermelon said...

yay. geoff darrow fans unite.