Sunday, May 13, 2007

Hong Kong Recap



I thought all HK ads made Asian guys look effeminate.










Then to my pleasant surprise, I saw this:



HK was a good segway between America and China. It was like NY, but with Asians. We got to practice some Chinese, but everyone also spoke English. We had the creature comforts of home, but also got used to being amongst fellow Asians and trusting Asian food.



Here is a pic of my new phone for those of you who wanted to see:



During this phone excursion is where Simon and Woody coined the phrase "Cut to I'm a skeleton." ie This is taking so long, I'm dead.

After the tech mall, we walked through the Mong Kok night market, aka the "ladies market" because most of the goods are targeted for ladies. Especially these sexy-time underwears for your men, ladies:



The next day, we had a couple hours to kill before we had to catch our plane, so Simon and I shot a music video:



I ripped two slits in my jeans under the buttal area during this video from climbing on top of some walls. Not only did I have to keep wearing them for the rest of the afternoon, but the only other jeans I brought still had Repulse Bay all over them. So I had to wear the Vachina jeans, if you will, for the whole next day in Guilin before we could figure out how to do laundry.



Speaking of Repulse Bay, I loved it. It was like the Malibu Beach of Hong Kong. It was a nice break from the hectic city. But the sand is actually a variety of little rocks, so I had to walk old school binded-feet style. Oh snap!



I leave with one of the latest pieces of HK gossip. Woody's friend Sylvia translated the tabloids for us. A famous actress was caught in a 3P, which is the term for a threesome based off of video game terminology, ie 2P is 2 player. Apparently, the younger pic of her in the lower corner is pointing out how she used to be more attractive. Ouch! Blunt Asians. Also, the pics of the 6 men under her face represent her dating history.

2 comments:

bittermelon said...

okay, confessional: my eyes got a little wet watching this...i almost wept tears of joy / laughter / pride. you guys are amazing.

this is BRILLIANT!

cynth, you look gorgeous. love the joy division. also, the way you rip up that map and skip into the park...

WOW.

and the way you cradled that durian...

the expressions on peoples faces were priceless.

Unknown said...

My jaw dropped (and Dad too) watching Cynthia in the vedio. It is soooooo good. I always know your can dance. How did you get your lips and steps matching the music? It is a master piece! Mom